Tuesday 14 May 2019

A Morning at a Textiles Fair...

So on Sunday I went to the Braintree textiles fair. It was a made up of stalls talks and exhibitions, across the town hall, Warner Textile Archive and the Braintree Museum.  Hitting the Stalls in the town hall and Archive first saw loads of amazing cottons, denims and silks with some vintage offerings too. I did't buy anything but there was a lot too look at and lot to get me inspired. I really found the stall by Colourious to be the most interesting as I have a recent fascination of different printing techniques and styles and it really got me thinking and inspired.  Next was the museum which was showing an exhibition (which is still on and I defiantly recommend!) called Power of Stitch. Here there was a plethora of amazing art, which was an amazing amount of mixed media pieces.  Some favourites were the tie dying techniques and a pieces which used layers of pain and fabric to create a 3D piece. I really enjoyed the Fashion pieces as well (No surprises there!) which were inspired by graffiti and Grason Perry.  There was so many more amazing pieces which I will pictures of below.  It was a joy to look around and get inspired the exhibition is still on so if you are in the Braintree area and you are a free morning or afternoon its definitely worth a look.



































No comments:

Post a Comment